Coronation chicken with rice
Coronation chicken is so versatile - serve it hot or cold, with salad, rice, baked potato....
This coronation chicken recipe deviates from a classic recipe with the inclusion of lots of vegetables. If you want to stick to a traditional coronation chicken you can leave the vegetables out. You can also use any cooking oil, I just prefer to use coconut oil.
If you don't eat meat then you can leave out the chicken and add more vegetables.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bitesize pieces
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat and add the chicken to the pan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, stirring to ensure all size of the chicken are cooking evenly. If using, add the carrot at this point and cook for a few minutes and then add the other vegetables.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, jam and curry powder and then add to the chicken. Stir the sauce in thoroughly. Add the raisins (if using). Allow the mixture to cook for 10-15 minutes until the chicken has cooked all the way through and the vegetables are soft.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once the chicken and rice are ready serve.
Reviews, Tips and Questions
Write a review
You need to be logged in to write a review.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet.