Banana and apple 'pancakes'
These 'pancakes' are a great alternative to traditional pancakes - and are healthy too!
- Peel the bananas and mash them using a fork in a mixing bowl
- Next core the apple and grate it into your banana mixture
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and mix them all together
- Heat a frying pan (or two if you want to make them more quickly) and add a small amount of coconut oil into each pan
- Use a spoon to drop the mixture into the pan. You should be able to get 3-4 pancakes in each pan. Use the back of the spoon to flatten the pancakes so that they are thin and round
- Allow the pancakes to cook for a minute, or until they are golden brown on one side and easy to turn over using a spatula. Turn and allow to cook for another minute until the second side is also golden brown
- Once cooked remove from the pan and continue to cook the rest of the mixture in the same way. Once removed from the pan you can stack the pancakes on a plate to keep them warm
- Serve with honey (and anything else you fancy!), or just eat them plain if you are sugar free
Reviews, Tips and Questions
Write a review
You need to be logged in to write a review.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet.