Gluten free chocolate soufflé
Impress dinner guests with this chocolate soufflé.
plus more for the dishes
- Preheat oven to 190c, 375f or gas mark 5
- Generously butter six 8-oz. soufflé dishes. Coat your dishes with the butter then sugar to coat. Put dishes on a baking sheet and set aside
- Bring some water to a boil in a medium pan then turn the heat down
- Put the chocolate, milk, and 1 tbsp butter in a small metal bowl. Put the bowl on top of water, not touching the water
- Stir occasionally until chocolate melts then remove bow from pan, cool down
- Add the mixed egg yolks and set aside
- In a large clean bowl, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until soft peaks form
- Sprinkle in 6 tbsp of sugar (2 tbsp at a time ) and beat until stiff peaks form each time you add the sugar
- Whisk 1/4 of beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture then fold chocolate mixture into the remaining egg whites
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared soufflé dishes and bake until set but still soft in the centre. This should take around 15 -17mins
Reviews, Tips and Questions
Write a review
You need to be logged in to write a review.
There are no reviews for this recipe yet.