Find this article useful?
Why not sign up to our mailing list and receive regular articles and tips about IBD to your inbox.
Fatigue can be a big problem for people with IBD. In this article Edmund Murray shares his top tips for fighting fatigue...
2. When you first wake up open the curtains to let the light in and hopefully expose you to some daylight. Although before my J-pouch surgery, mornings usually involved me springing to the bathroom as soon as I woke up - so opening curtains wasn’t necessarily the first thing on my mind!
3. If possible, set the alarm on your phone to play a song that reminds you of something/someone special instead of just an alarm. That way, it reminds you what is special to you rather than you thinking what a challenge the day is going to be
5. If in an office-based job, sitting by near a window to get fresh air and sunlight may help
7. Exercise makes me feel better and less fatigued, but this is not always possible when suffering from IBD
8. If sitting at a desk, get up and move around at least once an hour. Although, with IBD, needing to get up and rush to the bathroom, this may be relatively easy to do
9. A hot bath or shower can help you relax and take away some of the aches and pains
Why not sign up to our mailing list and receive regular articles and tips about IBD to your inbox?